Shencare Community Transport & COVID-19 – September 2020 Update
– Some of our service user groups are slowly restarting their services.
– Our Home to School operations on behalf of Birmingham City Council have restarted from 3rd September.
– The Administration of the Charity is in the process of returning to the Depot and clients are advised to return to using the office telephone number 0121 476 1816 to contact us. Please leave a message if not answered in person.
– The preferred method of communication is via email on firstname.lastname@example.org as this can be read remotely by managers.
– Please be assured that all passenger transport is being carried out in accordance with current Government guidelines and this includes social distancing. This does have a significant impact on the available capacity of the minibuses and our operations will be negatively affected accordingly.
Welcome To Shencare Community Transport
Shencare Community Transport has been providing an affordable and accessible door to door escorted passenger transport service for community groups since 1986.
We aim to provide a friendly and caring service to elderly people and other mobility challenged members of the community, together with their carers, mainly in the South West Birmingham Area.
We offer a house to house service, not kerbside to kerbside!
We support many other voluntary organisations within the South-West Birmingham area and play an integral role within the local community.
These groups include: The Stroke Association; Age Concern Birmingham; Age UK Birmingham; Midland Mencap; Midland Heart: West Midlands Police; Birmingham City Council; Transport for West Midlands, West Midlands Fire Service and community forums such as Northfield Stronger Together.
In order to use Shencare’s services, your group will need to register. This is a quick and easy process which can be completed online or, if preferred, by phone.